Kenn Winrich Information

Welcome

Kenn's family is grateful for the outpouring of care and concern for him, and appreciate your continued prayers.

 


Kenn and Carol at Don and Arlene's 50th wedding anniversary 2001

A Way You Can Bless Kenn's Family

For those of you who would like to help Kenn's family, and are able to bless them financially, there has been an account opened at Cuna Credit Union. Deposits can simply be made to:
 Kenn Winrich Accident Fund. Deposits can be dropped off or mailed to any one of the following locations:

  • Cuna Credit Union
    6420 Cottage Grove Rd.
    Madison, WI 53718

  • Cuna Credit Union (East)
    1799 Thierer Rd.
    Madison, WI 53704

  • Cuna Credit Union (West)
    401 S. Yellowstone Dr.
    Madison, WI 53719

  • Cuna Credit Union (Fitchburg)
    2939 S. Fish Hatchery Rd.
    Madison, WI 53711

- Click on Archives button below to see addtional articles. -

The speech therapist has set up an email address at
Clearview for Kenn.  She will check his email with him
at least once a week.

Anyone can send him pictures, jokes or just a message
to be read to him.  It is kenn@kenn-info.org

Talk to him about motorcycles and rides,
camping or even hiking.  Make sure you put your
first name and last so that when she reads it she
can tell him.

If you want to explain how you know
him that would be great.  Thanks.

Friday, August 31, 2007

Fri. August 31, 2007

8/31/07
A new month starts tomorrow. Can you believe it? It's hard for me to believe. I was just looking back to Feb. 2005 when this website was started. Reading the comments, what was posted and the pictures was very hard for me and I started crying because I miss that guy so much, but reading the postings made me realize how far Kenn has come. WOW!! God is so AMAZING!!! God has brought both of us so far since then and so much has happened. Kenn is so stable and healthy compared to then. Kenn's birthday is this Tues. on 9/4 and he turns 54. I've sponsored half of the day on Sept. 4, in honor of Kenn on WNWC 102.5 FM so listen to it on that day. I am planning to go visit him and spend some time with him that day. Yesterday when I visited him he wanted to sleep most of the visit. But I did brush his teeth and tongue with the regular toothbrush I carry with just for him and the look he gave me was so funny I laughed. He had been sleeping when I started brushing, he opened his eyes wide and looked at me on his right side. The look on his face was the look of "I'm trying to sleep here, do you mind?" He had a frown on his face too. We sat outside a lot of the time. On Sun. afternoon when I got there Kenn had a thermal long sleeved shirt on and it was damp in places from sweating. The head nurse feels that since she is chilly with the A/C on that all the residents are too and need to wear long sleeved shirts. I changed his shirt and put up a sign not to put long sleeved shirts on him. He minds the heat since being over come by it years ago while working at Gardner's Bakery. I contacted the author Terri Arnett of the book "You May Have a PhD ...but I Know God." When talking to her I feel that I've known her for a long time. She is so encouraging. She didn't go through dealing with her son's brain injury as long as I've been dealing with Kenn's.
Last week was a very hard week for me. Jeremy was gone all week doing shifts for work so I was by myself most of the time. I got so lonely and it was a struggle not to be down about things and I missed Kenn so much. I even had a hard time going for dance. This week has been a little easier since Jeremy has been around more. This afternoon I'm supposed to leave to go to Waupaca for the Labor Day gathering with Kenn's family, which I haven't been to one at their house since before the accident. I'm expecting it to be a little hard. Sun. I'm planning to leave Waupaca and go to Juneau to visit Kenn and stay over night there and then come back here on Mon. Thanks for the continued prayers. God's best to you all and have a safe Labor Day weekend.
Carol

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home