Sun. July 22, 2007
What an amaZING weekend!!!! WOW!!! How do I describe it so you can understand. It was beyond anything I could have imagined. Sorry if this gets long. No tears when I was packing for it or during the weekend. I haven't felt guilty for not going to visit Kenn this weekend or even had much time to think about him until this afternoon when I got home. How do I put into words how wonderful and relaxing this weekend was. It was such a relaxing and fun time that I've needed for a long time. It was hard to leave there and come back to reality. The dance competition was great. Shawn, Jenny and Kaili were there for parts of it. Shawn recorded it and Jenny took pictures. Some remarked at how calm I was and not stressed out about dancing and being judged. Fri. late afternoon when Kaili and I left here we took Interstate 94 towards Milwaukee. There had just been an accident on 94 and we got caught in the traffic that backed up. We sat in the traffic for about 1 1/2 hours which put us behind getting to Deerfield, IL. It took almost 4 hours to get there when it should only take about 2 1/2 hours. We got there just about 8 p.m. I was calm and relaxed about it, not nervous at all. When I showed up to perform, Mr. Park, told me if I wasn't ready to perform almost right away that I could do the routine in the morning. I surprised everyone by saying I was ready to do the routine. My instructor, Shawn , was a little nervous . Everyone said how good I did. Sat. morning, I did a Fox Trot and Waltz. My instructor told me that Waltz was the best I've done. Sat. afternoon, I danced during the team matches and it was cool to dance with everyone from the different schools yelling and making noise. Then Sat. night I had a formal dinner and dance. I was even told by a guy from another school that I follow good when someone leads. I also received a trophy which to me was the icing on the cake that I didn't know about. It has my name on, date, the routine I did and a couple dancing on it. I think it's the first trophy I've ever gotten for something and hopefully not the last. I thought is that cool or what!!! Then this morning before I woke up I had another dream about Kenn talking and walking again. I thought that just really topped off the weekend. Maybe sometime he can go with me to a competition which would be wonderful. Near Milwaukee I had my attention drawn to a gas station where gas was $2.99 a gallon so I filled the car up. I just praised God for it just like I've been doing all weekend. I feel so rejuvenated. I've been so AMAZED at how God has come through this weekend and He has taken better care of me than I ever could do. I just give Him all the praise for keeping me calm and collective through the whole process. I had no problem driving and didn't even get lost I was about 30 miles away from Chicago, which before Kenn's accident I never would have gotten so close to Chicago's traffic myself. God has healed me so much and I have gotten so much stronger. When talking to some friends this afternoon about the weekend they told me the dance lessons is not a luxury for me at this time. It's a necessity for my mental health and well being and that God knows that I needed something like dance to help get me through this time in my life. My friends could also hear the excitement in my voice because I was on the phone with them. One of my friends even said she wants to go to the next competition I do. I'm still on cloud nine and can't believe that I actually competed in dance. God has really boggled my mind with all of this. I love it and can't thank Him enough. I don't have enough room to write everything that happened, but if you have any questions you can put a comment on here or call and I'll try to answer them. Thanks for the prayers.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home