Kenn Winrich Information

Welcome

Kenn's family is grateful for the outpouring of care and concern for him, and appreciate your continued prayers.

 


Kenn and Carol at Don and Arlene's 50th wedding anniversary 2001

A Way You Can Bless Kenn's Family

For those of you who would like to help Kenn's family, and are able to bless them financially, there has been an account opened at Cuna Credit Union. Deposits can simply be made to:
 Kenn Winrich Accident Fund. Deposits can be dropped off or mailed to any one of the following locations:

  • Cuna Credit Union
    6420 Cottage Grove Rd.
    Madison, WI 53718

  • Cuna Credit Union (East)
    1799 Thierer Rd.
    Madison, WI 53704

  • Cuna Credit Union (West)
    401 S. Yellowstone Dr.
    Madison, WI 53719

  • Cuna Credit Union (Fitchburg)
    2939 S. Fish Hatchery Rd.
    Madison, WI 53711

- Click on Archives button below to see addtional articles. -

The speech therapist has set up an email address at
Clearview for Kenn.  She will check his email with him
at least once a week.

Anyone can send him pictures, jokes or just a message
to be read to him.  It is kenn@kenn-info.org

Talk to him about motorcycles and rides,
camping or even hiking.  Make sure you put your
first name and last so that when she reads it she
can tell him.

If you want to explain how you know
him that would be great.  Thanks.

Friday, July 27, 2007

Fri. July 27, 2007

7/27/07
I still can't believe I actually did the dance competition and that it wasn't hard. Wed. morning I went to visit Kenn since I didn't have any kids. He was still in bed but dressed and sleeping. My friend Elsie called me on my cell. When she heard I was visiting Kenn she asked to talk to Kenn, so I put the phone up to his ear. She was telling him stuff about the dance competition that I had told her. His eyelids started fluttering which they hadn't been before. He was listening to her. I also took him outside for a while. He had run a slight temp during the night on Tues. but his temp was fine on Wed. He wanted to sleep a lot of the time. He listened to a speaker on a CD, but slept through most of it. I put an audio cassette of Pastor Rod speaking in my tape recorder. He opened his eyes because it was a voice he recognized. He kept his eyes open and a CNA came in to talk to me. She asked what he was listening to, so I told her. She remarked how he looked like he was really listening and paying attention to what Pastor Rod was saying. One of the nurses told me that she had talked to Kenn about my dance competition and she said he was really looking at her and paying attention. I've been reading the book called "You may have a Ph.D--but- I know G.O,D. It's written by Terri De Shazo-Arnett. He son was in a bus accident and suffered a brain injury among other things. They didn't expect him to live either. It brings back so many memories and so there are many tears but I want to find out if there is anything that I can take from the book and use. Her son is healed. My sister and her family are here from Kansas. Tomorrow all my sisters, their families and my parents are getting together at a park in McFarland for a picnic and pictures of each family and 4 generation pictures, because we don't know how much longer our parents will be around. It will be fun.

1 Comments:

  • Carol, your last few messages are so filled with hope, joy, delight, and zest for living. Truly inspirational. I believe that this is what we (former) Catholics would call God's GRACE. We used to say that, He/She "got the grace" to deal with the terrible things of life. God's grace is an amazing, healing gift. You are accepting every ounce of it that the Almighty is handing you. You go, girl!
    Marianne Jensen

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home