Tues. April 10,2007
Well our grandson is 2 months old and weighs in at 14 lbs. and 24 inches long. He just had his
first shots yesterday at his check-up. He met his Grandpa Kenn on Easter Sun. He did real
good while visiting. I held him and showed him off to the nurses and they thought he was so
cute. He smiled at me when I was talking to him.
On Sun. afternoon April 1, our friends Dave and Brenda, visited Kenn. Dave told Kenn that he had gotten his cycle out. He was also telling him about his stepson sitting on the cycle. He told Kenn that his stepson finally went for a cycle ride with him. It was his stepson's first cycle ride. Kenn was looking at Dave when he was talking about it and then when he was done talking he shut his eyes. I've been trying to visit Kenn sometime during the week besides during the weekend.
On Easter Sun. when Russell and Esther were there to show Kenn his new grandson, he looked
at him when he made noises. Esther also video taped her dad sticking out his tongue alittle after I had cleaned out his mouth. Russell video taped him swallowing when I gave him water.
We also took pictures of little Mason sitting in his Granpa's arms, as if he's holding him. I've talked with the Activity Director and she told me that she takes him out to the big dining room
on his floor when he's up in his chair and they have activities. She said she even goes into his
room to work with him some if he's in bed and uses some stimulating things with him. I told her
I really appreciate it. The CNA's are lacking in some of his care which is frustrating.
Today when I visited I took Austin, my 1 year old daycare child. Some thought he was our
grandson. Kenn wanted to sleep most of the visit. He had been for awhile before I got there.
Today I played Benny Hinn's healing CD on my portable CD player for him.
Shawn and Jenny sold their mobile home and so we helped move them out Easter weekend. They have lived there about 11 years. So for now Shawn and usually one of the girls stay here and Jenny stays at her mom's with one of the girls. There just isn't alot of room at either place
at the moment. I thought I was stretched enough but I'm being stretched some more having extra people here and extra stuff but God is gracious to give me more strength to deal with it.
Yes, I have some meltdowns but then I go on with life. I didn't think of getting the tax stuff
together and sent to the CPA until last week and I also have to work on some papers that are
due each April 15 as long as I remain his legal guardian. I've talked to a lady at the
agency called Disability Rights of WI to see if there is anything they can do to help. We'll see.
Prayer is still greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Carol
1 Comments:
Yikes, you certainly have a full plate. Prayers are with you and Shawn's family. Also, it is hard to believe that your little grandson is two months old! New life---what a blessing. The presence, sounds, and powdery smells of a baby can really help us during bad times.
Love, Marianne Jensen
By
Anonymous, at 3:12 PM
Post a Comment
<< Home