Wed. 3/14/07
Can you believe the warm weather we've been experiencing? I love it. Fri. morning
I got a call from the nurse about 7 A.M., telling me that Kenn had a small seizure about
5 A.M. His mouth started twitching and his eyes moved faster than normal. They
were able to give him some medication to stop it. They also gave him some oxygen
because the oxygen level drops alittle when you have a seizure. They left him in
bed for a good share of the day. On my way to Green Bay for the weekend with my
youngest granddaughter, Kaili, we stopped to see him. They were just going to get
him up because the nurse Becki, figured I might be coming to see him. Kenn just wanted
to sleep during our visit which is normal because a seizure tires you out plus the extra
meds that are given make you tired. By our visit Fri. night they had the oxygen off.
He had a good weekend after that. Sun. night when we stopped on our way back he
was sitting in his room in his chair. They were about to take him for his shower. When
I kissed him many times he would shut his mouth which he hasn't done for a long time.
Not sure if he was shutting his mouth in response to my kiss or what. I was wearing
a chartreuse colored shirt. I asked him what he thought of it because I told him he used
to tell me that I looked good in that color. I watched his eyes look over the shirt.
I also put up some new pictures of our grandson and showed him the pictures. Not sure
if he looked at them or what. We didn't stay long, but it sure was nice to see him so
awake and alert. We had a good weekend with the new grandson. He's up to 12 lbs. now
but he doesn't look chubby. He's also 1 month old and they took him yesterday for his first
pictures at JC Penny.
Sat. afternoon I start my Latin Salsa workout class at the dance studio. I'm so excited to start. People are so amazed that I've started dance lessons at my age but it's keeping me from hiding from people like I want to do. Dance lessons has helped me to forget things going on in my life for few minutes. The Fox Trot routine for dance they are teaching me is very challenging. They would like me to perform this at a dance competition maybe in July. We'll see. I've also
checked out some dance DVD's from the library to see if I can learn the dances any faster.
Shawn is leaving for a trip to Romania on the 22 of this month which has us alittle apprehensive. He comes back on April 2.
Carol
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home