Kenn Winrich Information

Welcome

Kenn's family is grateful for the outpouring of care and concern for him, and appreciate your continued prayers.

 


Kenn and Carol at Don and Arlene's 50th wedding anniversary 2001

A Way You Can Bless Kenn's Family

For those of you who would like to help Kenn's family, and are able to bless them financially, there has been an account opened at Cuna Credit Union. Deposits can simply be made to:
 Kenn Winrich Accident Fund. Deposits can be dropped off or mailed to any one of the following locations:

  • Cuna Credit Union
    6420 Cottage Grove Rd.
    Madison, WI 53718

  • Cuna Credit Union (East)
    1799 Thierer Rd.
    Madison, WI 53704

  • Cuna Credit Union (West)
    401 S. Yellowstone Dr.
    Madison, WI 53719

  • Cuna Credit Union (Fitchburg)
    2939 S. Fish Hatchery Rd.
    Madison, WI 53711

- Click on Archives button below to see addtional articles. -

The speech therapist has set up an email address at
Clearview for Kenn.  She will check his email with him
at least once a week.

Anyone can send him pictures, jokes or just a message
to be read to him.  It is kenn@kenn-info.org

Talk to him about motorcycles and rides,
camping or even hiking.  Make sure you put your
first name and last so that when she reads it she
can tell him.

If you want to explain how you know
him that would be great.  Thanks.

Thursday, March 22, 2007

Thurs.3/22/07

3/22
Kenn is doing good. I was able to get him out this last Sun. and Mon. when I visited. Sun. afternoon when he was up in his chair I cut his hair and trimmed his moustache. He slept
through most of my visit but I still took him outside for awhile. His temperature never amounted to anything, which is good. On Mon. afternoon I had my daughter-in-law come to watch the daycare kids so that I could take off to visit Kenn before my Brain Injury Support Meeting. I took him outside for awhile. He slept most of my visit again. At the support
meeting they had a few people who had a previous brain injury talk. They told what they went
through and then a family member told what they went through. It was very interesting to
listen to. After the meeting I went back over to see Kenn and he was still up in his chair. He
was very alert. I asked him if his nose had itched or something because I had talked to some
people at the meeting about him and he frowned at me. He was moving his tongue and so I
told him to put his tongue out on his lower lip. I encouraged him to keep trying. He got it just
inside his lower lip. I told him to work on that this week and also to try to get his tongue up
to touch his upper lip. When I kissed him on his lips he kept his mouth open. I told him he
needed to close it. He did close it some just not all the way.
My lawyer wrote a letter to Worker's Comp lawyer asking if they would approve a transfer
for Kenn to St. Mary's Care Center on the southwest side of Madison. The decision is in their
hands. My Latin workout class at the dance studio on Sat. afternoon was great. I didn't have a
problem keeping up. We were really sweating when it was done. Shawn leaves early this evening for Romania and Jeremy might be going to Florida on Sat. with a co-worker for a week. He would like to stop and visit my parents there in Bell, Florida. Carol

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home