Sun. 3/25/07
Good news. No I can't move Kenn yet but the Administrator of St. Mary's Care Center was finally able to talk to my lawyer on the phone. My lawyer was able to tell the Administrator that everything was cleared up with Worker's Comp, so now the information for Kenn goes back to a department to contact Worker's Comp and see if they will pay for him to be at St. Mary's Care Center. Kenn has had some coughing but hasn't gotten a cold. His roommate has had a cold and been coughing. Other than the coughing Kenn has been doing good. Yesterday I went to Appleton to watch a dance competition which was fun to watch. On the way back last night I stopped to visit Kenn and they already had him in bed and he was sleeping. I didn't stay long,
but I did clean out his mouth and after I was done he put his tongue out on his lower lip. He then fell asleep again. This afternoon I went back to visit Kenn and they had him in a long sleeved thermal shirt so when they got him up in his chair it was changed. He was only awake when I cleaned out his mouth otherwise he wanted to sleep. I was able to take him out for awhile this afternoon and walked down the sidewalk of Main St. in Juneau. I also sat across
the street under the pavilion. A nurse named Deb from the Brain Injury Unit came to talk
to me and find out what has been going on. She advised me to write a letter to Dr. Cameron.
I also had another person who worked with Kenn on the Brain Injury Unit come and talk to me
to find out how things have been going. She was so happy to hear that I started dance lessons.
Her and the resident with her encouraged me to be in the July dance competition. It was so
nice to talk with some of the workers that I got to know when Kenn was there. Last night after
I left Kenn I stopped to visit Loretta, who lives there in Juneau. She couldn't believe how good
I look. She could tell God is doing a work in me besides Kenn. She told me that once in awhile she has a vision of Kenn talking to Jesus. I was so uplifted by visiting her. Jeremy left late
this afternoon with a co-worker for a week in Florida. He figured out he hasn't been there for
almost 20 years. I have been so blessed to meet so many nice people since Kenn's accident. A
nurse that works with Kenn quite abit now told me that this summer her and hubby are taking
a 2 hour ballroom dance class in Beaver Dam once a week. I guess I've inspired her by talking
about dance so much. She's told me that I sound so excited after I've been to class. Dance
really helps me in so many different ways. Carol
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home