Fri. 3/16/07
I know many of you out there have been waiting to hear what the review board for the decision
to transfer Kenn to the Brain Injury Group Home is. Well, I finally got the letter in the mail with the decision yesterday. I was so devastated by the decision that I started crying. We were turned down on transferring him there. I thought it was in God's plan for him to go there but I guess I was wrong. The emotions that welled up inside of me were so overwhelming and hard to deal with. There wasn't just crying but frustration, anger, disappointment and many other feelings. The granddaughters had to help me with the daycare kids because I was having a difficult time functioning. I just wanted to curl up in a fetal position and cry but couldn't. The
board went along with Dr. Cameron's letter saying he wouldn't benefit from the activities. Dr.
Cameron hasn't worked with Kenn since the first part of April of '05, where as the letters our side had were of current doctors treating Kenn and they supported that he'd benefit from the activities. I know God has a plan in this but it's so hard when my human emotions get in the way. When Shawn came to pick up the girls he gave me a pep talk which I told him didn't help because of my emotions at the time. I feel like I've failed Kenn, but Shawn told me I haven't failed him because I've done all I could possibly do. He proceeded to tell me that his dad would be very happy with me for what I've done. I called a friend named Paul, and he told me to take care of myself, regroup, pray about what my next step is and to throw myself into dance to help me deal with it all. I almost didn't go to group dance and private dance lesson last night but I went. After it was all over I sat talking to a teacher there who knows what is going on in my life and he gave me an idea. Once I know more if this idea will work I will let you all know. During the emotions yesterday afternoon I called out to God to ask for His strength and grace to deal with this. Also, I had to put on some praise music. God has come through so well that today I feel stronger. There is hope. He is healing my heart. He's giving me strength. He's fighting the battles now as I write this. He's giving charge to angels of light to see that I make it safe through the night. He's holding my hand. He's helping me stand. He's healing my heart. God sees where you are and will help you make it through anything you have to go through. God has all this with Kenn and I under control. I don't sit and worry. Sometimes my human emotions just get in the way like yesterday or last Thursday night. I'm just so grateful to God for being with me so closely through all this. I talked with my lawyer late yesterday afternoon and he couldn't believe the decision. He's going to send a letter to the insurance company asking if they will let me move Kenn to St. Mary's Care Center now that we got the decision from the review board. We'll wait and see what that decision is. If he gets moved there you can believe I wll be getting him out in the community. He will not be staying inside the building all the time. Kenn is doing great. Still no storming since the 27 of Dec. so closing in on 3 months. YEAH!!!! I saw God's hand of protection Sun. night when I was on Hwy. 51 going towards Stoughton taking Kaili home. A deer went running out in front of me from the west to the east. Had I been just a few minutes earlier I would have hit it. WOW!!!! God is good and it's good to be walking with Him. Thanks for the continued prayers.
Carol
2 Comments:
hi
By
Anonymous, at 12:19 PM
Hi Carol,
You have not failed anyone especially Kenn. He would be so proud of you and your strength you have shown and all you have gone through. There are a lot of other people out there that wouldn’t be able to handle what you have and still do everyday. You are doing everything in your power to help Kenn. You can’t help what butt face Dr’s and lawyers do! You are an inspiration to a lot of people!!
By
Anonymous, at 12:28 PM
Post a Comment
<< Home