Kenn Winrich Information

Welcome

Kenn's family is grateful for the outpouring of care and concern for him, and appreciate your continued prayers.

 


Kenn and Carol at Don and Arlene's 50th wedding anniversary 2001

A Way You Can Bless Kenn's Family

For those of you who would like to help Kenn's family, and are able to bless them financially, there has been an account opened at Cuna Credit Union. Deposits can simply be made to:
 Kenn Winrich Accident Fund. Deposits can be dropped off or mailed to any one of the following locations:

  • Cuna Credit Union
    6420 Cottage Grove Rd.
    Madison, WI 53718

  • Cuna Credit Union (East)
    1799 Thierer Rd.
    Madison, WI 53704

  • Cuna Credit Union (West)
    401 S. Yellowstone Dr.
    Madison, WI 53719

  • Cuna Credit Union (Fitchburg)
    2939 S. Fish Hatchery Rd.
    Madison, WI 53711

- Click on Archives button below to see addtional articles. -

The speech therapist has set up an email address at
Clearview for Kenn.  She will check his email with him
at least once a week.

Anyone can send him pictures, jokes or just a message
to be read to him.  It is kenn@kenn-info.org

Talk to him about motorcycles and rides,
camping or even hiking.  Make sure you put your
first name and last so that when she reads it she
can tell him.

If you want to explain how you know
him that would be great.  Thanks.

Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Wed. 2/28/07

Tues. 2/28
Sorry I haven't been able to post an update. I've been having problems getting to the place here where I can post it. Thanks to Dave and Sharon for helping me figure out what was wrong. It's tough when you're computer illiterate as I am. Kenn got a pneummonia shot on the 14. This shot covers about 90% of pneummonia bacteria. He's had pneummonia 2 times since his accident and is more suceptible to getting it again. Then that evening they took him downstairs for a singer and he seemed to enjoy it. The boys took me out for dinner the evening of Valentine's. On the weekend of 17, I was in Green Bay again helping Esther and Russell. They were happy to have me there. I got more pictures of the little grandson. His weight is up to 10lbs. 10oz. and 22 1/2in. long. On the 21 in the evening Kenn vomitted so they didn't give him any of his feeding. He had a temperature too. He had the flu. They just gave him water and Gatorade instead of his feeding just to keep fluids in him for a few days. Sat. night they started him on half strength feeding with Gatorade mixed. Sun. night he vomitted alittle and ran a temp but he's been fine since except for a low grade fever. They started his full feeding last night and he's tolerated it but still has a low grade fever and acts very tired.
On the evening of the 23, Becki, the nurse went in to put eye drops in Kenn's eyes to keep them
from drying out. She was on his left side and reached over to start with his right eye. After
she was done with the right, Kenn turned his head alittle towards her and tilted it up for her
to put the ones in his left eye. She said he's never done this before, usually he keeps them tightly shut. On Sat. afternoon the 24, I talked to the nurse Brenda. She preceeded to tell how he had run his tongue over his lip that morning after she had cleaned out his mouth. He's done this for me about 3-4 times in a row. She was amazed at this response. They had also taken him out to a room that morning to watch other residents play bingo and he stayed awake the whole time so that was why he slept during my whole visit Sat. afternoon. Brenda also told me that I'm such an inspiration to so many people even there where Kenn is. Kenn did not neurostorm before he got sick on the 21, so he has gone 2 months since the last time he stormed. That's so great. He still is very tired from being sick.
I think it was about the 12 of this month when I talked to a friend of ours and he said when he's been praying for Kenn, it's impressed upon him that God has Kenn on something like a sabbatical rest. I told him that makes sense. He proceeded to tell me that God is working on him on the inside and that when he does recover, which he says he will. That Kenn will be more of a being instead of a doer like he used to be before his accident. He also said that Kenn will
be so different when he recovers. All this was being confirmed to me through this friend.
Everything here at the house has been at a stand still since this last fall, but now I'm getting antsy to get going again and get it where Jeremy can have some space down there. As for dance, I stepped up my lessons and I'm taking extra lessons with a new part-time teacher.
They also want me to decide what is my favorite dance or song and then they will create a routine for me to perform either at a dance competition or just a Fri. night at the dance pary.
I also found out last night that my Mom was taken to a hospital on Mon. night in Florida , where they are living for the winter. Did the emotions hit me hard. I ended up canceling my private
lesson because I didn't want to be around people. Today I'm doing better. Thanks for the
continued prayers. I really appreciate them. Carol

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home