Sunday 3/19
WOW!!! It's hard to believe the third month of the
new year is more than half gone and not alot of school
left for the kids. Where has the time gone? On
Tuesday late afternoon when I got there to visit Kenn,
I was told his chest x-ray came back negative for
pneumonia. Praise God! What a relief. He was alittle
stiff when they got him up in his chair. We didn't keep
him up a long time because we could tell he was in pain
some where in his body. The look on his face told us
that. On Wednesday I was told they took him off oxygen
because his oxygen level stayed good when they removed it.
The nurse has told me that Thursday or Friday the LPN said
that Kenn seemed to be smiling at her.
Saturday when I was there I was told Kenn had been
neurostorming during the night, Friday night. The nurse
on Saturday night said it seems that Kenn is neurostorming
during the night when he is laid on his right shoulder, which
is the one he has a problem with. They are trying to keep him
off that side and see if that makes a
difference.
He was very alert on Saturday. He's doing very good. One night
this past week I took some people's adivse and relaxed. I
put Deliliah on the radio, lit candles, filled the tub with hot
water and turned on the jets. I almost fell asleep it felt so
good. It was like the stress in my body was just washed away
by the water. I didn't ache after sitting in there. It was
great.On Sunday I spent the day with our oldest son, Jeremy. I
went tochurch with him and then we stopped for lunch afterward.
He thenneeded to head out to Plateville to pick up a brain
injuredclient that he works for, that was home at his mom's for
the weekend.
I was able to meet this client's mom. It was very interesting to
talk to her about brain injury. I really enjoyed spending time
talking with Jeremy during lunch and the drive. It was a good
dayand nice to go for a ride in a different direction than what
I usually go.
On Monday the 20th, late afternoon I head back to Juneau for
the BrainInjury Support Meeting, which is on Monday evening.
On Tuesdaymorning a neurosurgeon for Workman's Comp is supposed to
examine Kenn to see ifhe responds to him, so I will be there. I
plan to stay in Juneau on Monday night to save on gas.
Carol
_______________________________________
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home