Saturday, March 4, 2006 update
Well, Kenn and I were so happy 31 years ago last night
because our first baby was born. It's so hard to
believe it's been that long ago. It sure doesn't seem
like it should be that long.
I received a picture of Kenn's Uncle Keith and Aunt Jeaniece-
his wife, where they both look so happy. I put this picture
on my refrigerator so that I see it every day. I use this
as an inspiration for Kenn and myself because she went
through a very tough time not to long ago where she
couldn't walk and more. God has done a miracle in her
because she is walking again. I keep asking God when is
Kenn going to be walking and talking again.
Kenn had a more peaceful week this week. Last Sunday when
I visited him I worked with him on swallowing. I massaged
his throat and gave him some yogurt. After a few times he
started to swallow better. I also put a drop or two of
water on a spoon between spoons of yogurt and that
seemed to help. I was talking to him the whole time I was
working with him on swallowing. A friend was there visiting
him and remarked on how Kenn was watching me and listening to
me. He also listened to a pastor's message on a CD with the
headphones which was over an hour long. He stayed very alert
while he listened to the message and seemed to enjoy it. He
hasn't had as many episodes this past week of neurostorming
which is good.
On Thursday late afternoon I took our two granddaughters
to visit him and I took a picuture of one standing on
each side of Kenn's wheelchair. He was alert most of the
visit and he listened to another message from a pastor that
was on a CD. He seems to enjoy these messages. I tried to
work with him on swallowing but he was moving his tongue so
much that he didn't want to swallow enough so I stopped trying.
Our youngest granddaughter, Kaili, was amazed how much her
Grandpa was moving his tongue and he was moviing it out to his
lower lip. She also made him a picture for his room while we
were there. The sores on his feet are healing slowly. Nothing
about a hearing yet. Thanks for your continued prayers.
Carol
____________
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home