Kenn Winrich Information

Welcome

Kenn's family is grateful for the outpouring of care and concern for him, and appreciate your continued prayers.

 


Kenn and Carol at Don and Arlene's 50th wedding anniversary 2001

A Way You Can Bless Kenn's Family

For those of you who would like to help Kenn's family, and are able to bless them financially, there has been an account opened at Cuna Credit Union. Deposits can simply be made to:
 Kenn Winrich Accident Fund. Deposits can be dropped off or mailed to any one of the following locations:

  • Cuna Credit Union
    6420 Cottage Grove Rd.
    Madison, WI 53718

  • Cuna Credit Union (East)
    1799 Thierer Rd.
    Madison, WI 53704

  • Cuna Credit Union (West)
    401 S. Yellowstone Dr.
    Madison, WI 53719

  • Cuna Credit Union (Fitchburg)
    2939 S. Fish Hatchery Rd.
    Madison, WI 53711

- Click on Archives button below to see addtional articles. -

The speech therapist has set up an email address at
Clearview for Kenn.  She will check his email with him
at least once a week.

Anyone can send him pictures, jokes or just a message
to be read to him.  It is kenn@kenn-info.org

Talk to him about motorcycles and rides,
camping or even hiking.  Make sure you put your
first name and last so that when she reads it she
can tell him.

If you want to explain how you know
him that would be great.  Thanks.

Sunday, March 12, 2006

Friday, March 10, 2006 update

Fri. 3/10
Late last Saturday afternoon on the 4th, I left Madison
to start my trek to Green Bay. I stopped to visit Kenn
and he was doing good. I went to stay with my daughter,
Esther and her husband Russell, in Green Bay. I just
needed to get away for awhile. I told the nurse where
Kenn is at, that I would only be available on my cell
phone and where I would be. She made a note of it
and told me she was glad I was getting away for a short
time and that I needed it.
Kenn was doing good on Saturday when I stopped.
I didn't stay a long time with him. On Sunday I went
to a church in Brussels and visited with a friend there
till late afternoon. It was so refreshing to just sit
and talk to this friend. She's the lady who lost her
husband in a car accident 2 weeks before Kenn's accident,
so she knows what I'm going through for the most part.
I'm so blessed to be able to talk and listen to her.
She has so much wisdom. I'm not sure what I'd do without
her. She has helped me walk through alot in this past
year. Both my daughter-in-law and my daycare mom had
off from work on Monday so I didn't start back until
late Monday afternoon. I didn't do much extra but some
reading during the time I was away. Driving back from
Green Bay, I started feeling just exhausted. Someone told
me that I had 2 days to just relax and not deal with
much. They said my body is just totally exhausted from
keeping on going and dealing with everything for so long.

When I stopped to visit Kenn on Monday evening they had
him in bed because he had been neurostorming some during
the day. He was wide awake. I sat talking to him. Then
he finally relaxed enough and dozed off. I didn't stay
long because I wanted to get back for Shawn's basketball
game at 9pm.I went to visit Kenn on Wednesday 3/8. When
I got there they had him back in bed because he had been up
earlier. I put a cassette tape in my player with headphones
on. It was a message of our deceased Pastor. It was fun
to watch his reaction. He moved his head more than usual and
his eyes were looking all over. He was listening very
intently. He would frown every so often. At one point he
had a tear run down his left cheek from his left eye. I'm
not sure if this was because of something he heard on the
tape or just what. If he shut his eyes to rest them, a few
seconds later he would open them. At another point
both of his eyes got watery. So he does seem to have some
emotions. At one point the Pastor's voice was loud and Kenn
turned his head to look straight ahead and his eyes looked
to the ceiling. It's real interesting to watch his reaction to
things. The sore on his left foot is healing real good.
They also put a morphine patch on his chest that automatically
releases some of the medicine into his body approximately
one time per hour to keep him relaxed. The dose is a
small one but this should keep him more comfortable.
This patch is on for three days at a time. They are trying
this to see if it keeps him from neurostorming.
No date for the hearing yet.
Carol

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home