Thursday, February 16, 2006
On Monday morning when the Speech Therapist did a
swallowing evaluation on Kenn it didn't go good. He
wasn't having a very good day because of neurostorming
during the night.
On Tuesday afternoon I went to visit Kenn while Jeremy
watched my daycare child. Kenn was neurostorming. They got
him up in his chair to see if that would help. He would be
sitting there and fall asleep. Then a few minutes later he
would open his eyes wide and stiffen up. The look on his face
told you that he was feeling something in his body that was
uncomfortable. He was given medication for his neurostorming.
I feel so helpless watching him sitting there getting all
sweaty and stiffining up. It's so hard to see this and it just
makes me want to cry. I had to leave there by 3:00 p.m. because
our boys wanted me back in Madison by 4:00 p.m. so they could
take me out to eat for Valentine's Day. We went to the Olive
Garden. It was very nice of them and it was fun.
When I called later Tuesday night to see how Kenn was doing,
I was told they were giving Kenn the medication for
neurostorming more often just to keep him comfortable.
Early Wednesday morning I was told he vomited. He also had
a fever. When he vomited it came out instead of going back
down and into his lungs. His lungs are clear. They aren't sure
if he vomited because it was a light case of the flu or if
it was because he had to much of the meds for neurostorming.
They told me if you get to much of the meds and your body can't
handle it, you can vomit. His oxygen level went down so they
started him on oxygen yesterday. His serial casts were also
taken off yesterday afternoon so now maybe the neurostorming
will subside more. So, no more casts on his feet and ankles.
He just has braces to wear when he's in bed to keep his ankles
the way they should be. They kept Kenn in bed all day
yesterday and stopped his feedings. This morning when I called
they told me they were in the process of getting him up. He
seems rested. No fever but still on oxygen for now. They will
check his oxygen level periodically and try weaning him off the
oxygen. His lungs are still clear.
I had a dream early this morning where Kenn was walking and
talking. It was so wonderful to see him doing this again. I
miss him terribly. I'm sitting here crying while writing this
because I miss him so much and want to be with him but with
the snow coming down the way it is I know I can't go visit him
tonight. I'm finding it's very hard to deal with the feelings
of missing Kenn. A little advise to those of you who have
spouses. Enjoy having them around every moment you can and
doing things with them. Even when you disagree. You just never
know when they won't be there, for what ever reason. I've told
Kenn some times when I've visiited him I would love to hear him
talking to me even if it's diagreeing with me.
Thanks.
Carol
_________
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home