Kenn Winrich Information

Welcome

Kenn's family is grateful for the outpouring of care and concern for him, and appreciate your continued prayers.

 


Kenn and Carol at Don and Arlene's 50th wedding anniversary 2001

A Way You Can Bless Kenn's Family

For those of you who would like to help Kenn's family, and are able to bless them financially, there has been an account opened at Cuna Credit Union. Deposits can simply be made to:
 Kenn Winrich Accident Fund. Deposits can be dropped off or mailed to any one of the following locations:

  • Cuna Credit Union
    6420 Cottage Grove Rd.
    Madison, WI 53718

  • Cuna Credit Union (East)
    1799 Thierer Rd.
    Madison, WI 53704

  • Cuna Credit Union (West)
    401 S. Yellowstone Dr.
    Madison, WI 53719

  • Cuna Credit Union (Fitchburg)
    2939 S. Fish Hatchery Rd.
    Madison, WI 53711

- Click on Archives button below to see addtional articles. -

The speech therapist has set up an email address at
Clearview for Kenn.  She will check his email with him
at least once a week.

Anyone can send him pictures, jokes or just a message
to be read to him.  It is kenn@kenn-info.org

Talk to him about motorcycles and rides,
camping or even hiking.  Make sure you put your
first name and last so that when she reads it she
can tell him.

If you want to explain how you know
him that would be great.  Thanks.

Monday, February 06, 2006

Sunday, February 5, 2006

Sunday 2/5
I didn't realize how tough of a week it was last week
until I sat and reflected over it this afternoon. I had
a friend tell me after church today that they had prayed
for me alot because I was on their mind all last week.
I told them I was glad they had because it helped. It
was an emotional week because we didn't move Kenn to the
group home like we had planned and I haven't been sleeping
very well. I also am not feeling very well because I have
a cold.
I visited my Workman's Comp lawyer's office at least twice
during the week and talked to him. There's still some problems.
Also, Kenn's dad had open heart surgery on Friday. He is in
stable condition, and came through it well.
So many other things going on that I feel drained. Friday
night I took the night off and went to dinner and a movie with a
girlfriend. It felt strange to go do something that was fun.

On Thursday 2/2, the Physical Therapist, changed Kenn's casts.
When I was there visiting him, he responded to my touching him.
He acted like he really enjoyed it. Also, a CNA who was taking
care of Kenn on Thursday night told me that she has noticed a change
in him since he arrived there. I asked her what kind of change.
She proceeded to tell me that when she talks to him he turns his
head to look at her. She also proceeded to tell me that when I'm
there with him he cooperates more because he seems to feel more
comfortable knowing I'm there with him. On Saturday afternoon,
when I got there, the nurse had him behind the nurse's station so
another resident couldn't hit him. Kenn had his eyes shut but when
he heard me talking to the nurse he opened his eyes wide. He stayed
awake the whole time I was there which was about 4 hours. When I was
reading Don Piper's book, he was frowning and he would even turn his
head to look at me. After I was done reading the book he was putting
his tongue on the outside of his lower lip, which I don't think
I have seen him do before. He was working so hard at it that he
wasn't swallowing and so he was drooling.

All these things that he's slowly trying to do is great and such a
priviledge to be a part of. Today a few friends visited him. One of
our friends even mentioned that it sure looked like he was trying to
smile when we were talking to him and his eyes were open. He was very
drowsy and wanted to sleep alot. One friend stopped by with his
teenage daughter and they were talking. One time he opened his eyes
and looked in there direction. They saw him do it too. On Tuesday the
7th, Kenn has a repeat of a swallowing test which I will be attending.
A big thank you goes to my daughter-in-law for taking care of my daycare
child until I can get back home. This test will tell us if when he swallows
it goes to his lungs or if it goes to his stomach. He hasn't had one
since about April of last year. On Valentine's Day he has another
doctor's appointment with Dr. Ward to check his pump. On Saturday 2/11,
I have tickets for my granddaughters and I to attend the "Go Fish"
concert at MATC. I'm praying it won't be to emotional of a day being
it will be the one year mark since Kenn's accident. It's been a long,
hard year but we'll make it with God's help and one day at a time.
Keep praying. God's doing some mighty things. Carol

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home