Kenn Winrich Information

Welcome

Kenn's family is grateful for the outpouring of care and concern for him, and appreciate your continued prayers.

 


Kenn and Carol at Don and Arlene's 50th wedding anniversary 2001

A Way You Can Bless Kenn's Family

For those of you who would like to help Kenn's family, and are able to bless them financially, there has been an account opened at Cuna Credit Union. Deposits can simply be made to:
 Kenn Winrich Accident Fund. Deposits can be dropped off or mailed to any one of the following locations:

  • Cuna Credit Union
    6420 Cottage Grove Rd.
    Madison, WI 53718

  • Cuna Credit Union (East)
    1799 Thierer Rd.
    Madison, WI 53704

  • Cuna Credit Union (West)
    401 S. Yellowstone Dr.
    Madison, WI 53719

  • Cuna Credit Union (Fitchburg)
    2939 S. Fish Hatchery Rd.
    Madison, WI 53711

- Click on Archives button below to see addtional articles. -

The speech therapist has set up an email address at
Clearview for Kenn.  She will check his email with him
at least once a week.

Anyone can send him pictures, jokes or just a message
to be read to him.  It is kenn@kenn-info.org

Talk to him about motorcycles and rides,
camping or even hiking.  Make sure you put your
first name and last so that when she reads it she
can tell him.

If you want to explain how you know
him that would be great.  Thanks.

Thursday, January 19, 2006

Wednesday, January 18, 2006 update

Wednesday 1/18
What a long day yesterday. I was at Clearview by 9:15 A.M.
Kenn was supposed to be picked up at 9:30 and taken to the
Beaver Dam Hospital for the changing of his feeding tube.
He had to be there by 10. The procedure didn't talke very long.
They sprayed a numbing spray in the back of his mouth and the
doctor said he swallowed this fine, which he was supposed to do.
The doctor yesterday said it might be a good idea to get a swallowing
test done because of the way he swallowed the spray, so I've
requested one. For the procedure they gave him something to make
him groggy. They put a scope down his throat. The new tube works so
nice. His feeding yesterday afternoon got done so much faster than
it used to. It was all a success. He was back to his room by 11:30
and ready to go back to Clearview by noon.

Once back at Clearview they laid him down for a rest period. I
thought he might sleep for awhile so I left for a short time to go
get something to eat. They got him up shortly after I got back to
his room. They said he didn't fall asleep. He did doze for awhile
in his chair after he got up. I took him down to the front lobby
where they have a bird aviary. You could tell his eyes were watching
the birds the way they followed the moving of them. He even turned
his head more to the left to see the birds moving. He woke up
about 5 and stayed awake till sometime after I left at 7. I talked
to him about him being able to eat real food and he raised his eyebrows.
I didn't go visit him tonight because I'm too exhausted. Out of the
13 days he has been at Clearview South, I've been there 10.
Carol

______________________________________

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home