Kenn Winrich Information

Welcome

Kenn's family is grateful for the outpouring of care and concern for him, and appreciate your continued prayers.

 


Kenn and Carol at Don and Arlene's 50th wedding anniversary 2001

A Way You Can Bless Kenn's Family

For those of you who would like to help Kenn's family, and are able to bless them financially, there has been an account opened at Cuna Credit Union. Deposits can simply be made to:
 Kenn Winrich Accident Fund. Deposits can be dropped off or mailed to any one of the following locations:

  • Cuna Credit Union
    6420 Cottage Grove Rd.
    Madison, WI 53718

  • Cuna Credit Union (East)
    1799 Thierer Rd.
    Madison, WI 53704

  • Cuna Credit Union (West)
    401 S. Yellowstone Dr.
    Madison, WI 53719

  • Cuna Credit Union (Fitchburg)
    2939 S. Fish Hatchery Rd.
    Madison, WI 53711

- Click on Archives button below to see addtional articles. -

The speech therapist has set up an email address at
Clearview for Kenn.  She will check his email with him
at least once a week.

Anyone can send him pictures, jokes or just a message
to be read to him.  It is kenn@kenn-info.org

Talk to him about motorcycles and rides,
camping or even hiking.  Make sure you put your
first name and last so that when she reads it she
can tell him.

If you want to explain how you know
him that would be great.  Thanks.

Tuesday, January 03, 2006

Sunday, January 1, 2006 update

Sunday 1/1/06
Happy New Year from our house to yours.
The first day of a brand new year. Reflecting over the last year,
alot of things has happened in our lives. Alot of it not real good
but you know what? God has been faithful through it all and I am
stronger because of it. He has blessed us abundantly beyond anything
I could have believed possible. Our oldest son, Jeremy, is home to
live instead of being 8 to 9 hours away. We are still pressing on
into the new year and it too will be filled with blessings. Many
people have donated towards a new gas furnace for us. Shawn had never
put one in but now he can say he has. He worked on it Wednesday night
through Friday night, after work and it's in and works great. Thank you
to each of you.
On Wednesday afternoon Kenn had a doctor's appointment with Dr. Ward
in Middleton so I met him there. I had my daycare child with me too.
I spoke with Dr. Ward about a nursing home versus a group home. He said
he would like to see Kenn in a group home because it will be better for him.
After the doctor left the room I was talking to Kenn on his left side and
holding my daycare child. The nurse that came with him from Clearview
noticed how his eyes were looking at me and the child in my arms. I also
told him to move his tongue to talk and he did finally move it. The nurse
also saw him move it. He had the dosage of the medication in the
pump raised at the appointment. Physical Therapy took Kenn's 2 casts
off on Wednesday afternoon so he wouldn't have them on for the weekend.
Physical Therapy said he did relax after they were taken off. The
therapist also said she would like to see him go to a group home because
it would be better for him. I also spoke with Dr. Mickey from Clearview
and he has voiced he would like to see Kenn go to the group home. At the
group home they only take brain injured people. During some of the craft
times they would give Kenn different things to hold on to.
Sunday afternoon, the CNA's said they like the music in Kenn's
room because it always seems to be positive and soothing. Alot of
times it's on 102.5 FM. It was amazing today, they had put a red shirt
on Kenn and black pants. I also wore a red shirt and black pants not
knowing he was also. This has happened quite a few times. I played
the song called "Old Time Romans Road." Kenn had his eyes shut but
when this started playing into the headphones he opened his eyes and
kept them open for the whole song. I also played the CD that I got for
Christmas called "Healing Moods." It has some birds singing and music
playing softly. He opened his eyes and you could tell he was enjoying
the birds. After awhile I took him for a walk out by the bird aviary.
He kept his eyes looking at the birds. You could see his eyes focused
on them. Kenn also sneezed while I was there and the painful look on
his face. It really shook his head. Esther talked to him on the
headphone of my cell and wished him a Happy New Year. He opened his
eyes after she said that. Kenn did sleep some today but not all the
time like on Christmas Day. Shortly before I left him I kept telling
him to try moving his tongue. He finally did. I told him to keep
moving it but more. He finally got the tip of his tongue to the inside
of his lower lip, he hasn't done this for quite awhile. He kept
moving it that way but after awhile it made him tired and he shut his
eyes. He was to get his first shower tonight since his surgery Dec. 8,
because his stitches are healed now. Kenn is supposed to move to a
nursing home on Thursday but I'm not happy with that decision. I'm
still looking for an alternative place. Thanks for the prayers.
Carol

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home