Monday, January 23, 2006
On Thursday evening when I was there he seemed to sleep
alot. He started neurostorming again on Wednesday and then
on Thursday so the meds for this probably made him extra
sleepy on Thursday evening. His casts were changed on Wednesday
so I'm not sure if this is what caused him to start neurostorming
or what. Kenny weighs about 164 lbs. which is lower than it had
been. Saturday when I was there he was in his chair and I banged
on his lap table. He opened his eyes to see what was going on.
He was also moving his tongue alot and even got it to his lower
lip as though he might be trying to wet it. On Saturday he also
sounded raspy. He had stuff in his throat that he couldn't cough
up. On Sunday Russell, Esther and a friend of ours came to visit
Kenn. He slept off and on. Different times he would open his eyes
and look at our friend and move his tongue as though trying to talk
to him. Then he would shut his eyes. He even turned his head more
to his left to see our friend. You could also see him moving his
eyes to get a better look at him. He also reacted the same way to me.
He still sounded raspy when breathing. I was called at about 3a.m.
this morning to let me know that Kenn's temp went up and they called
the doctor who prescribed a medicine. This morning they were to do
some tests and take an x-ray of his chest to and figure out what this
might be. It sounded like he was to start having breathing
treatments this morning too. He has his EMG this Wednesday afternoon
and then goes to Dr. Ward's office to have the pump checked.
As for the plans for the group home in Portage they are going to work
with me. So the plan for now is to move him there on Feb. 1.
I am praying that he will get more consistent care there. Where he is
now he has so many diferent ones working with him and they aren't
doing everything they are to be doing for him. It's gets frustrating.
Esther gave her Dad and I a Valentine's card on Sundau from her and Russell.
She asked me to read it to her Dad. When I was reading it, he opened
his eyes to look at me. She said, "see he's listening to you Mom."
Carol
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home