Kenn Winrich Information

Welcome

Kenn's family is grateful for the outpouring of care and concern for him, and appreciate your continued prayers.

 


Kenn and Carol at Don and Arlene's 50th wedding anniversary 2001

A Way You Can Bless Kenn's Family

For those of you who would like to help Kenn's family, and are able to bless them financially, there has been an account opened at Cuna Credit Union. Deposits can simply be made to:
 Kenn Winrich Accident Fund. Deposits can be dropped off or mailed to any one of the following locations:

  • Cuna Credit Union
    6420 Cottage Grove Rd.
    Madison, WI 53718

  • Cuna Credit Union (East)
    1799 Thierer Rd.
    Madison, WI 53704

  • Cuna Credit Union (West)
    401 S. Yellowstone Dr.
    Madison, WI 53719

  • Cuna Credit Union (Fitchburg)
    2939 S. Fish Hatchery Rd.
    Madison, WI 53711

- Click on Archives button below to see addtional articles. -

The speech therapist has set up an email address at
Clearview for Kenn.  She will check his email with him
at least once a week.

Anyone can send him pictures, jokes or just a message
to be read to him.  It is kenn@kenn-info.org

Talk to him about motorcycles and rides,
camping or even hiking.  Make sure you put your
first name and last so that when she reads it she
can tell him.

If you want to explain how you know
him that would be great.  Thanks.

Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Monday, January 16, 2006 update

Monday morning 1/16
I'm sure you are all wondering what's new with Kenn.
Well, the Physical Therapist told me last week that
the casts on his lower legs and feet are doing their job.
He is getting some range back. She replaced the casts on
Wednesday with new ones. I visited Kenn on Thursday
night but I was too tired on Friday night to go so I called
the nurses station and asked to talk to him. They went to
get him. When I was talking to him he was blinking alot the
nurse told me. I really missed him alot after talking to him
and started crying. On Saturday when I was there he slept alot.
On Sunday he was more awake. I read from the book again that
I had started last week. When I played some songs he knew
before his accident, he was moving his tongue quite abit.
The ones taking care of him aren't putting his right hand brace
on right. They leave him sitting in his room too much when he's
up in his chair. I keep waiting for the day when he will start
talking to me again like he did in August or for him to kiss me back.
This afternoon I go back to Juneau to visit him for awhile and then
go to a building right behind there for a brain injury support
meeting tonight. The speaker is someone who has had a brain
injury and survived it. Then on Tuesday morning Kenn gets his
feeding tube replaced in the Beaver Dam Hospital. I'll be back
in the Juneau again for this. This should only take about 1 hour but
I will stay with him for most of the day after he goes
back to Clearview. I am still currently working on getting him into
the group home. The nurses agree that Kenn looks like he could just
start talking or get up and walk on his own. He looks like nothing is
wrong with him.
Some of you have asked how am I holding up. To be honest, some days
not so good but other days fine. I'm tired of dealing with it all but
I have no choice but to keep going. Kenn needs me to be there for him
and to be his voice. I just don't let myself sit and dwell on things
to long. I have to many things to do so I move on with life after a
few minutes. I still try to get out for a walk when it's nice and my
schedule allows it. I also still go to the gym for aerobics class and
all of this helps to keep me going along with all of your prayers.
Thanks so much. My 3 kids are such a blessing too. They are great.
Carol

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home