Kenn Winrich Information

Welcome

Kenn's family is grateful for the outpouring of care and concern for him, and appreciate your continued prayers.

 


Kenn and Carol at Don and Arlene's 50th wedding anniversary 2001

A Way You Can Bless Kenn's Family

For those of you who would like to help Kenn's family, and are able to bless them financially, there has been an account opened at Cuna Credit Union. Deposits can simply be made to:
 Kenn Winrich Accident Fund. Deposits can be dropped off or mailed to any one of the following locations:

  • Cuna Credit Union
    6420 Cottage Grove Rd.
    Madison, WI 53718

  • Cuna Credit Union (East)
    1799 Thierer Rd.
    Madison, WI 53704

  • Cuna Credit Union (West)
    401 S. Yellowstone Dr.
    Madison, WI 53719

  • Cuna Credit Union (Fitchburg)
    2939 S. Fish Hatchery Rd.
    Madison, WI 53711

- Click on Archives button below to see addtional articles. -

The speech therapist has set up an email address at
Clearview for Kenn.  She will check his email with him
at least once a week.

Anyone can send him pictures, jokes or just a message
to be read to him.  It is kenn@kenn-info.org

Talk to him about motorcycles and rides,
camping or even hiking.  Make sure you put your
first name and last so that when she reads it she
can tell him.

If you want to explain how you know
him that would be great.  Thanks.

Friday, January 27, 2006

Friday, January 27,2006 update

Friday 1/27/06
What a busy week. I sat in doctor's offices all afternoon
on Wednesday with Kenn. I will tell you about it. First,
Tuesday night 1/24, when I got to Kenn's room, they had him
in bed because he started neurostorming. He was just soaking
wet from sweating. It had been awhile since they had given
him medicine for it. He was sitting up in his chair when the
neurostorming started. His breathing isn't raspy anymore.
It sounds normal. He still coughs once in awhile. They think
he had an upper respiratory infection. It had not reached his
lungs which we were the most concerned about. His chest x-ray
was fine and so was his test for the flu. Before I left that
night the nurse gave him a second dose of medicine to help relax
him and make him more comfortable. He started neurostorming after
his new casts were put on last week, so we tend to think it might
be something with the casts. They were taken off on Wednesday
morning this week. He has also been moving his tongue to his
lower lip alot. On Wednesday afternoon I met him at the U.W. Clinic at
the hospital for his EMG. That test does show damage to some of the
nerves in his right arm. I won't know how much till I talk with Dr.
Ward about the results, which might not be till next month. The first
part of the test Kenn tolerated fine but he got alittle upset with the
second part where they had to put some needles in different places on
hi right arm and hand. Some of the places they had to put it, didn't
feel good. It was so hard for me to let them do the test
because I could see the expression on Kenn's face at times that he was
upset by the way it felt. By the time it was done he was
neurostorming. He was getting pretty sweaty. He did real good during
the test. The ones doing the test even said that to him. By the time
we left that clinic to go to Dr. Ward's office in Middleton, Kenn had
relaxed more. At Dr. Ward's office, his nurse turned up the dosage in
the pump and she checked where he had the stitches, which is fine. I
taked to her a little and then out in the waiting room, I talked to
the nurse and driver from Clearview that brought Kenn. The nurse told
me she had told Kenn in the van on the way over to Dr. Ward's office,
that he had a real good wife. She told me it looked like he was trying
to agree. He stayed awake all the way back to Clearview. He had been
up a long time so when they got back they put him to bed. He did have
a neurostoming session during the night. On Thursday, 1/26, they put
two more purple casts on. Also, about 8 or 9 people from the group home
arrived about 7:30 a.m. on Thurs. morning, to learn what needs to be
done to care for him. They were there for about 2 hours. Everything
is a go so far for him moving to the group home next Wednesday, Feb. 1.

Thursday evening when I visited him, he wanted to sleep alot.
Thursday was a very emotional day for me. I just cried alot of the day.
I also had a hard time leaving Kenn to come back home last night. I just
miss him so much. Keep praying for God to intervene in the situation
with Workman's Comp, because they are still causing a problem for me.
Carol
___________________________________________________

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home