Sunday, December 4 update
What a busy weekend! Where to begin. I want to apoligize to all of you
if I have seemed unsocial when you have seen me. I'm not trying to be,
it's just that I'm so preoccupied with things going on with Kenn
besides everything else. Well, on Friday, I was told Kenn had a good
day. A culture was done on Wednesday to test for Kenn's repitory virus
and it came back negative. He has to have two more tests that are
negative and then the nurses as well as Kenn doesn't need to wear
a mask any more. He also had a chest x-ray done of his lungs and got
a good report. So they say the surgery for the pump for this Thursday
at the U.W. Hospital is on. I will be staying with him on Thursday
night. It is not known if he'll stay in the hospital past Friday.
So on Friday it was a good day for both of us. Saturday morning,
I tried to put together our Christmas tree after having moved
furniture around on Friday to make room for the tree. It seemed to be
so much more work this year. I ended up leaving the tree sit. I
just couldn't finish putting it together then, I was getting to emotional.
I think the pressure of getting the furniture moved, digging out
the tree and then trying to put it together was just to much for me
to handle. In the afternoon I had a Christmas gathering to go to which
ended up being an emotional time. When I got home I had a surprise.
Jeremy had finished putting up the tree for me and he had also shovelled.
What a blessing it was to have those things done. I did decorate the tree
Saturday night.
Sunday afternoon, I went to visit Kenn and I cut his hair and mustache.
When I greeted Kenn, I said" hi,' it sounded like he said "hmmm.'' I
took him down to the cafeteria for the Christmas gathering after his
haircut. They had a lady singing Christmas carols. There was some
food too. Some residents from the other floors were at the gathering
too. During the singing Kenn had his eyes shut at times. Other times
he seemed to be trying to take in his surroundings. At times he
sounded like he was humming to some of the music. I'm not sure. He
would look at me too. He seemed to focus on me better today than other
times when I would talk to him. At times he would turn his head left
alittle and turn his eyes to see me. He seemed more responsive
today. Not sure if I mentioned that on Monday, 11/28, he had the oxygen
removed, so he doesn't need it any more. His stats are doing great.
I've been asked if I'm going to do any Christmas baking like I normally
do. I would like to but not sure if emotionally I could handle it
plus it looks like I won't have the time. I will probably end up
buying some at the store. I will miss the tradition of baking and my
kids will too, but it will be o.k. Maybe next year. The gifts for
Christmas are all bought. I've been buying during the year when I
would see something for someone. If anyone would like to visit Kenn
while he's at the U.W. Hospital, feel free to, but you might want to
call first to make sure he is there. I never know when something might
change with the schedule. Keep us in your prayers this season as this
is going to be a hard time. Thanks so much.
Carol
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home