Sunday, December 11 update
WOW!! It's been 10 months today since Kenn's accident. He
is looking so good now and so relaxed. The nurses made a remark
about it today and showed me how his knees bend much better.
Also, no neurostorming since surgery. That is so great! When I
got there to visit him today he was sitting up in his chair but
looked tired. Shortly after I got there they laid him down.
The nurse needed to change his dressings on his stitches. NO infection.
Praise God!! His expression looked like he was glad to be laid down.
After he had rested alittle while, I was talking to him on his right.
He turned his head alittle and focused on me intently. He did it
alot of the time when I would talk to him. It was very nice to see.
When I played "Yellow Submarine," he had the headphones on. He opened
his eyes wide and after awhile he started frowning. He frowned till
the song was over. The look in his eyes told me he knew the song
and that there was a memory with it. It's hard to explain the look.
It's so neat to see his reaction to different things. He was wearing
a shirt that I had bought and didn't realize what it said. It said
"The force is strong in this one." I thought it was very interesting.
They got him up in his chair shortly before I left. I asked if I could
take off the braces on his arms. After taking them off, I straightened
his left arm some and put his hand on the arm of his chair to hold on.
He left it there. It was still there when I left. Before his surgery
he would end up bringing it up to his chest shortly after having it put
there, but this time he didn't. Friday his second test for the virus
came back negative too.
So that makes two negative test results. Now they need one more, which
they will take on Wednesday, and get the results back on Friday. They need
three negative test results in a row to take the mask off when out of
his room. He was falling asleep in his chair so I decided to leave
but it was very hard to do so today. I just wanted to stay there with
him.
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to each and everyone of you and
thanks for your love, support and prayers. They are greatly
appreciated.
Carol
1 Comments:
Carol, I am just now catching up on developments. Wowza. There is a lot going on. Ken is making progress, AND you have your Christmas shopping done. Wonder Woman, that is great! Is there some little angel helping you with this??
We hosted a missionary from Belize for a week and are going down there to work with him and his wife in mid-January. Kim and Quint's kids will stay with us for five days in early January while K & Q go to whereever the Badgers are playing in some bowl game. Maddie is 8, Braydin is almost 5, and Raven just turned 3. Such blessings to us!!
Your kids are such honeys. You too are blessed in that.
Christmas Peace to you and the family, Carol.
Love, Marianne Jensen
By
Anonymous, at 6:21 PM
Post a Comment
<< Home