Kenn Winrich Information

Welcome

Kenn's family is grateful for the outpouring of care and concern for him, and appreciate your continued prayers.

 


Kenn and Carol at Don and Arlene's 50th wedding anniversary 2001

A Way You Can Bless Kenn's Family

For those of you who would like to help Kenn's family, and are able to bless them financially, there has been an account opened at Cuna Credit Union. Deposits can simply be made to:
 Kenn Winrich Accident Fund. Deposits can be dropped off or mailed to any one of the following locations:

  • Cuna Credit Union
    6420 Cottage Grove Rd.
    Madison, WI 53718

  • Cuna Credit Union (East)
    1799 Thierer Rd.
    Madison, WI 53704

  • Cuna Credit Union (West)
    401 S. Yellowstone Dr.
    Madison, WI 53719

  • Cuna Credit Union (Fitchburg)
    2939 S. Fish Hatchery Rd.
    Madison, WI 53711

- Click on Archives button below to see addtional articles. -

The speech therapist has set up an email address at
Clearview for Kenn.  She will check his email with him
at least once a week.

Anyone can send him pictures, jokes or just a message
to be read to him.  It is kenn@kenn-info.org

Talk to him about motorcycles and rides,
camping or even hiking.  Make sure you put your
first name and last so that when she reads it she
can tell him.

If you want to explain how you know
him that would be great.  Thanks.

Wednesday, December 21, 2005

Monday, December 19 update

Monday 12/19
WOW!! 27 years ago I gave birth to our youngest child named Esther.
How time flies by. On Saturday the 17th we had Christmas with Kenn's
family which was emotional for me. I wanted so much for him to be a
part of it, but he couldn't. I even tried telling myself that he was
working, but that didn't help. I really missed him greatly last week.
Had the roads been better on Wednesday afternoon I would have gone
to visit him. Saturday night I had Christmas with our kids because
they couldn't all come on Christmas Day. That was also hard. By the
time the evening was over I was wiped out. I just want to take this
opportunity to thank all of his family for the gifts. I'm sorry I
wasn't able to be more social on Saturday.
I had a repairman here on Thursday to repair the pellet stove. It's
so great to have that heat back. Yea!!!! I might be changing jobs also.
The client I work for is changing agencies as of January 1. I'm not sure
if I'll be staying with him or doing something different. No news on Kenn's placement as of yet.
I went to visit Kenn on Sunday afternoon and evening. Kenn is free of
the respiratory virus. His third culture test also came back negative.
So, no more mask for him or the nurses. The physical therapists
started serial casting on his ankles and feet about last Thursday. He
has 2 purple casts on his feet and ankles. His arms are more relaxed
as is his legs. The CNA's say it's easier to get him dressed and
undressed now that he bends. No neurostorming either. He was awake
sitting in his chair when I got there. When I was talking to him, I
told him to move his tongue and start talking to me. He did move his
tongue alittle. Russell and Esther were also there visiting while on
their way back to Green Bay from the Madison area. Esther remarked how
her dad responded more to me than anyone else. I asked her how. She
proceeded to tell me that when I talk and Kenn hears my voice he turns
his head in that direction alot of the time. She also had said that
when I'm around him he different times will look at me and just stare
as if not believing I still come to visit him. She noticed this last
night while we were there.
Last Monday night the 12th, Jeremy and I were at Clearview for a
Christmas party for those families that attend the support group there
and have previously attended. There was food and music. Kenn seemed
to enjoy most of it. At times he would shut his eyes. When the CNA
took him to put him to bed I had told him I would come in his room for
awhile. When I got in there he was wide awake as if waiting for me. I
sat down on his bed and talked to him a few minutes. I then put my
cheek next to his and caressed his face. He shut his eyes and fell
asleep. When I got up his eyes didn't open. It's interesting to see
this.
May everyone have a blessed Christmas.
Carol

2 Comments:

  • Carol, I still do not know enough about computers to be a blogger (what is that all about anyway??), so I sign in as an anonymous contributor to your e-mail.
    Your faithfulness in overseeing Kenn's care, and in being there for him as much as possible is marvelous, but also extremely overwhelming. A cyber hug to you.
    Bob and I did not get up to see Kenn this summer on the bike. I am sooo glad some of your motorcyclist friends did though. Kenn seemed to enjoy that immensely. We have no excuse for our inaction, but will keep the motorcycling idea on the front burner for the future.
    Love to you and the family, especially to Don, Shawn and Jenni, Stan and Dawn, Dave and Sharon.
    Love, Marianne Jensen

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:16 AM  

  • Carol, We want you to know we love you and appreciate what you are doing with Kenn. It seems like a long haul, but it is worth it. May the Lord be with you each moment, each day. May His presence be sweeter, and His insight be yours. Love you. Carolyn Winrich

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home