Friday, December 9 update
NEWS FLASH !!! NEWS FLASH!!!!!
Great NEWS!!! His surgery went great.
He is bouncing back with flying colors as the saying goes.
Now we watch for any signs of infection.
The CNA at Clearview got Kenn up between 2-3 a.m. Thursday morning.
She wanted to give him a shower before getting him dressed.
He left Clearview about 4 a.m. because he was supposed to be at the U.W. Hospital by 5:30 a.m.
Kenn's surgery was scheduled as one of the first ones.
I couldn't sleep after 3 a.m. I met Kenn at the U. W. Hospital at 5.
They said he stayed awake during the whole ride to the hospital.
After he got to the hospital he was tired and wanted to sleep while we waited.
When they put the pump in they used dissolving stitches so he doesn't have to have them pulled out.
During the surgery and his time in recovery room I went home. I needed to try to rest a little.
I got back to the hospital around 12:30 p.m. and the nurses had to move Kenn.
He opened his eyes for the first time since surgery. He then fell asleep again.
In the evening he opened his eyes more. I would explain to him off and on what had happened and why he might be sore.
By Thursday evening Kenn no longer needed to have oxygen as he was breathing well on his own.
Jeremy took care of my daycare child and granddaughters for me during the day on Thursday so I could be at the hospital with his dad and Shawn asked him if he could keep Justice and Kaili for the night so he could sit at the hospital with me for the evening.
Shawn stopped at the store to pick up some things for us to eat and to makesure that I would eat something.
Esther called me a few times to ask how her dad was doing and myself.
She wished she could be there with us.
Kenn would make some noises at times, especially when I would talk to him.
Late Thursday night, I laid next to him on his right.
He was awake. My forehead touched his right cheek.
I felt him press his cheek closer to my forehead and then he did a small moan, as if in contentment. I would caress his face and talk to him.
It's amazing how we tend to take for granted the time we get to spend with our loved ones and it takes something like this to make you see that.
I really cherish all the times I get to spend with him when I visit him and I really enjoy the times he's in the hospital and I spend even more time with him.
After spending so much time with him I then go through something like withdrawal
where I really miss seeing him and being with him.
Friday morning my daughter-in-law took care of the 3 girls for me until I could get home.
I stayed Thursday night at the hospital so I could keep an eye on Kenn and know what was going on with him. It was a good night for both of us.
Clearview didn't have a van available Friday to come to Madison to pick up Kenn so the social worker at the U.W. hospital arranged for a ride for Kenn.
Kenn left the hospital around 11a.m. on Friday morning to begin his trek back to Juneau.
I talked to a nurse late this afternoon there at Clearview and she said Kenn is looking relaxed but a little tired, which is normal.
I'm so relieved the last 2 days are over and now we can move ahead.
I'm exhausted but not as much as I thought I would be. It's like a weight has been lifted now that surgery is over. He is recovering real well. He is really showing how tough he is and fighting the things that are thrown at him.
I told Kenn when he was leaving to go back to Clearview that I would see him day after tomorrow which will be Sunday.
I did do something for me. I had a chiropractic adjustment on Wednesday morning and my body feels much better.
I guess my body showed I was under alot of stress.
I have a pellet stove repair man coming to look at the stove this coming Wednesday. Hopefully he will find what's wrong with our stove because I really miss using it.
Carol
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home