Friday, December 23 update
WOW!! The year is almost gone again. It seems like it wasn't
long ago it just started. I wanted to let you know the latest
on moving Kenn to a different facility. Workerman's
Compensation doesn't want to pay for the group home near Portage
I would like to place Kenn in. They don't want to pay the extra
$100./day that is needed for this facility. I could put him there
they say if I want to cover the difference, but I don't have that
kind of money. So, all they want to cover is a nursing home facility.
I am trying my hardest to come up with alternatives. I'm talking to
different organizations to see what is available for places or fundings.
This is such a hard decision it's unbelievable. Yesterday I was
childless because my daughter-in-law and my daycare mom had off from
work so I went to visit with Kenn. There is a connection between us
even though he can't talk or do anything for himself. It's neat to see
how even a brain injury can't take that away.
He was sitting in his chair wide awake when I got there. He has 2 green
casts on his ankles and feet. I wrote on them this time. They put him
down for a rest period because his eyes were looking very tired and he
was trying to fall asleep. So, when they laid him down I went into my
Case Worker's office and talked to her about his placement. When I went
back to Kenn's room he was sleeping very heavy. He seems to be
sleeping better and more sound since his pump surgery. His stitches
are doing great and they have put a wrap around his abdomen to hold
the pump in place so the tissure can heal around it and hold the pump
in place. I took down his pictures on his closet door while I was
waiting for him to wake up. They got him up alittle after 3p.m.
The Physical Therapist told me they are getting back some of his range
of motion which is good to hear. She also said they are seeing some
tracking but nothing that's consistant. Shortly before I left to get
back here for work, I was on Kenn's right side. I told him to look
over at me. I touched his right cheek lightly to let him know which
way to turn. He had been looking left. He slowly turned forward.
He then proceeded to slowly turn right. It took quite awhile but he
did do it. I was wearing a bright red striped shirt and he would
look at it sometimes. I was hoping to observe his physical therapy
session but he didn't have it. Overall his progress is good. Thanks
for your prayers.
Merry Christmas,
Carol
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home