Tuesday, November 22 update
Kenn is recovering great. On Sunday afternoon when Kaili and I got there
to visit him, they were taking him in to give him a shower. They said
he was quite sweaty. After his shower they sat him up in his chair.
He coughed some. Kaili had picked out a Santa with a leather jacket and
chains on it and holding a motorcycle in his hands, at the store. She
said her grandpa needed to have it. She showed it to Kenn and
put it in his window in his room. She told me she had also made some pictures for his wall because she loves and misses him. He is still on
oxygen. He was drowsy sitting in his chair.
On Monday late afternoon, when I visited him, he would cough and almost
gag because of the junk in his throat. He was also making some noises.
He was wide awake most of the time, even though they had given him
medication for his neurostorming. He's doing more neurostorming. I
left him for awhile to go across the street for the monthly support
meeting. When I came back to visit him he was coughing some and almost
gagging. He wss making some noises again. Shortly after he had his
tube feeding he had some come up. It shot out all over him and his
bed. They were checking him after this, to make sure he didn't get any
into his lungs but it sounds like he didn't. His lungs sounded clear
they said. His temp is fine. After he had this come up when his head
was put down to change him and his bed, he didn't cough again. He
seemed to be doing much better. They hate to give him any cough
medicine because it's good for him to cough and try to get the stuff
out. They did drop his oxygen level down to below 2 liters instead of
the 4 he had been getting. His oxygen level is doing good and
staying stable. When I left about 10:30p.m. he was doing good. Before
going to sleep, I called to see how he was doing. They said no temp
and his lungs sounded good. He was sleeping. On November 25th, the day after
Thanksgiving, he has a doctor appointment at the U.W. Clinic about the
pump. To decide where to put it and any other concerns. On Tuesday,
11/28, at 1p.m. there's a staff meeting for any family members
interested in attending. Thanks for all the prayers. They are making
a huge difference.
This last weekend, I was dealing with emotions big time and didn't feel
I could make it through a wedding I was invited to on Sat. I think the
emotions are so hard to deal with because they can come so quick. Any
little thing can set them off and it's draining if they continue any
length of time. The roof is just about all reshingled. Praise God! A
week ago on Sunday night driving home from visiting Kenn, I was listening
to Deliiah. She played a song for someone and some of the words were,
"You are my shining star. Right there where you are." I don't
remember the rest of the words but it was like God was saying this song
is for you and this is what Kenn thinks of you. I cried of course.
Just thinking of it I get teary eyed. It's been nice to talk to other
people who knew Kenn, like the roofer. I get to see a different side
of him and it has helped me. Thanks to all.
Carol
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home