Saturday, November 27 update
I made a big mistake as to the date of the staff meeting.
I think I said in the last update the meeting was on
Tuesday, but it's on Monday 11/28, at 1p.m. at
Clearview. I'm getting mixed up on my days and when things
are scheduled.
Just an update as to what has been going on around here.
Like my plate isn't full enough. I would like to stay sleeping
until everything is easier and there is less to deal with.
Right now I'm sitting in a house that has a temperature of 50-52
because last night the pellet stove stopped working. The auger
won't feed pellets into the fire so I have to find someone to
look at it. I haven't turned on the gas furnace yet. I
thought all we had to do was probably light the pilot after turning on
the gas but NO that's not all. The manual switch for the fan on the
gas furnace won't even come on like it did last spring. So, we used
an electric heater, which is at least a little heat. I'm waiting for a
furnace repair guy to call me back and hopefully come and get the gas
furnace going. So, I guess I need to have two different repair guys to
come. Well, needless to say, I started crying last night because I
was so tired and didn't want to deal with anything extra. It kept
getting later. I hadn't slept good the night before.
Kenn's doctor appointment at the U.W. Clinic went well yesterday
morning. The doctor was not the one Kenn had in May. I was informed
the doctor Kenn saw in May is in the Army so I don't have to deal with
him. At the appointment Kenn was very alert. He coughed some. He made
a loud moaning type of noise, as if to get my attention when I was
talking to Shawn. He would make a noise when I talked to him too. Not
sure if he was doing it on his own or just involuntarily. When I would
get in front of him and talk to him, he would bring his eyes up to look
at me. He had a puzzled look on his face as if to say what's going on.
I explained to him where he was and why. Also that Shawn was with
too. He seemed to relax then. The nurse set up the surgery to put the
pump in for Dec. 8 providing Kenn is over his respiratory virus. The
pneummonia is gone but he has also had an upper respiratory virus so
he's been wearing a mask when out of his room and when in his room he
doesn't wear one but the nurses do. If he's not over it by the 8th,
then they will postpone the surgery. When he got back to Clearview,
he didn't seem like he was wiped out like they thought he would be.
But, because they had to get him up extra early to be at the doctor's
by 7:50, they put him down for a rest. His oxygen is down to about 1
liter now.
On Thanksgiving Day I made it through the day with no crying.
Yippee!!! Jeremy and I went to a friends house for Thanksgiving
dinner, which was a very good meal. We went to visit Kenn in the
evening. Russell and Esther were there too. They did a breathing
treatment before we got there because he was almost gagging again on
the stuff in his throat. After the breathing treatment he seemed to
do much better. A couple friends showed up to visit and when they
would talk to him, he turned his eyes toward them. When he heard
Jeremy laugh he opened his eyes. He was making noises off and on. No
casts on for now. Just before I left Thanksgiving night, he was in bed
and started gagging again on the stuff in his throat. He would turn
red because he couldn't get a breath. Finally he did breath, but it
was kind of scary to see this. He's doing good though.
I get 4 new tires on my car Mon. morning. Yippeee!!! I think that's
all for now.
Carol
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home