Monday, November 14 Update
Thank you, thank you, thank you all for your continued
prayers for me, my family and especially Kenn. I can't
begin to tell you how much I appreciate it. It sure is
what is getting us through this and it's especially helping me.
I am so humbled by everyones outflow of love, money and
prayers. It is beyond anything I have ever experienced.
I feel so broken before God. This is by far the hardest
thing I have ever had to do. The unknown is so scary but
yet I know so well that God only wants the best for us.
I have never been told before that so many people are
praying for us or ever felt it. The whole situation is
so overwhelming. It's hard to collect my thoughts and
know what to write for an update and how to word it.
Yesterday was an emotional day for me. An aquaintance
of mine had a car accident and had severe brain injury.
Yesterday was his funeral,although I was unable to attend.
This morning I recieved a delivery of shingles for the roof from
Chase Lumber. The driver was driving the same kind of truck
that Kenn drove and he used to have to stack the shingles
the same way the guy did. I just wonder how many times he's
had to stack them. I just couldn't contain the tears.
I visited Kenn on Saturday late afternoon. He was sitting up in his
wheelchair, sleeping. He was snoring at times. He wears a
mask when out of his room to protect him and others. When
I bugged him alittle he moved but he didn't want to keep
his eyes open. I had a friend with me who hadn't seen him
since he was in Milwaukee. She said he looks so much better.
On Sunday afternoon when I was there our daughter, Esther and her
husband, Russell, were there too. The CNA was gave him a
shower, to get it done. I told her go ahead. He still gets oxygen, so
she had to remove that so she could take him across the hall for his
shower. After the shower they put him in bed for a rest period.
I left his room for awhile and came back after he woke up. I
brought a CD with me by the group called "Apologetix." This
is a group he had heard sing on an internet radio station
and he got me listening to them. They take some 50's and
60's songs and change some of the words to make them talk about God.
One in particular we both liked was called "Old Time Romans Road,"
which was to the tune of "Old Time Rock 'n Roll." He had his eyes shut
when I put the headphones on him and he opened his eyes wide. He was
making a humming noise but with his mouth open. I think he
remembered the song. I let some of the other songs play after that one
and he kept making a humming noise. When Esther sat on the edge
of his bed on the left side and talk to her dad, the music was paused
so he could hear her and he would look at her. When Russell walked to
the same side of his bed, he looked up at him. It was neat to see.
After awhile I saw him moving his tongue alot like he used to before he
got sick. It was great to see. It was so good to see him awake and
alert because he wasn't the day before. They got him up in his
wheelchair. The nurse listened to his lungs and said they sound
almost clear. God has really done a miracle in his lungs as bad as
they were. When in his chair, he then wanted to sleep again. He could
have been tired from them getting him dressed and into his chair. You
and I take for granted all the moving around we do and usually we don't
tire out as quick as when you have a brain injury. I have noticed that
every little thing can tire him out, which I have read is normal. He
is recovering great, thanks to all your prayers going out for him.
Continue the prayers.
Carol_____________
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home