Kenn Winrich Information

Welcome

Kenn's family is grateful for the outpouring of care and concern for him, and appreciate your continued prayers.

 


Kenn and Carol at Don and Arlene's 50th wedding anniversary 2001

A Way You Can Bless Kenn's Family

For those of you who would like to help Kenn's family, and are able to bless them financially, there has been an account opened at Cuna Credit Union. Deposits can simply be made to:
 Kenn Winrich Accident Fund. Deposits can be dropped off or mailed to any one of the following locations:

  • Cuna Credit Union
    6420 Cottage Grove Rd.
    Madison, WI 53718

  • Cuna Credit Union (East)
    1799 Thierer Rd.
    Madison, WI 53704

  • Cuna Credit Union (West)
    401 S. Yellowstone Dr.
    Madison, WI 53719

  • Cuna Credit Union (Fitchburg)
    2939 S. Fish Hatchery Rd.
    Madison, WI 53711

- Click on Archives button below to see addtional articles. -

The speech therapist has set up an email address at
Clearview for Kenn.  She will check his email with him
at least once a week.

Anyone can send him pictures, jokes or just a message
to be read to him.  It is kenn@kenn-info.org

Talk to him about motorcycles and rides,
camping or even hiking.  Make sure you put your
first name and last so that when she reads it she
can tell him.

If you want to explain how you know
him that would be great.  Thanks.

Wednesday, October 26, 2005

Wednesday, October 26 update

Wednesday 10/26
What an exhausting 48 hours it has been. Kenn was at the
U.W. Hospital for the baclofen oral test in the Raidioactive
Clinic on Tuesday. He was then admitted to the hospital for
observation overnight. The procedure took approximately an
hour. He was laid on his belly and face for the procedure.
After it was over, I was allowed to go in to him. His face
was red and he was upset. I talked to him and assured him
everything was alright and that I was there with him so he
wasn't alone. He relaxed. He was then admitted to the hospital
and taken up to 4th floor. They wanted to keep him overnight
for monitoring. The physical therapist had to come to check
on him and see if his body was relaxing from the medication
that was administered during the test. The test was a great success.
The medication in his body made such a difference in his "toning" or
(tightening of the muscles in his body). He relaxed great.
He was extra tired from the medication. One of the side affects is
that it causes drowsiness. I stayed the night with him to
keep an eye on him because he was not on the brain injury wing.
The nurses were not sure what extra things they needed to be
watching him for. The nurses and doctors were glad I was there
to fill them in on what has been happening with him and I also
had to get him to relax for the nurses to put the blood pressure
sleeve on his left arm before the medication started working.
He wouldn't relax for them. Dr. Ward was so glad to see how
well the medication worked to relax Kenn's muscles. He also
said once the pump is in and he is much more relaxed than he
is now, the serial casting will be much more successful and it
will be easier to work with him. All the nurses and doctors
at the U.W. hospital were great.
I don't think I got more than an hour of sleep at a time last night at
the hospital, if even that. His monitor would go off every so
often and there was other noises too. I would get up and check on him
to make sure he was sleeping good and that the monitor numbers were
good. He had a couple of visitors last night and one this morning
before he was discharged this afternoon to go back to Clearview in
Juneau. I came home this afternoon and ended up taking a short nap
because of being so tired from not sleeping much the last 2 nights.

I talked to the CNA tonight who is taking care of Kenn at Clearview.
She said he is more tired than usual which could be still from the
medication. He is doing good. I informed her of what went on and she
was happy to hear because it will help her in taking care of Kenn. Now
we are waiting for the date of the surgery for the pump. He will be in
the U. W. Hospital overnight for that too.

Carol

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home