Kenn Winrich Information

Welcome

Kenn's family is grateful for the outpouring of care and concern for him, and appreciate your continued prayers.

 


Kenn and Carol at Don and Arlene's 50th wedding anniversary 2001

A Way You Can Bless Kenn's Family

For those of you who would like to help Kenn's family, and are able to bless them financially, there has been an account opened at Cuna Credit Union. Deposits can simply be made to:
 Kenn Winrich Accident Fund. Deposits can be dropped off or mailed to any one of the following locations:

  • Cuna Credit Union
    6420 Cottage Grove Rd.
    Madison, WI 53718

  • Cuna Credit Union (East)
    1799 Thierer Rd.
    Madison, WI 53704

  • Cuna Credit Union (West)
    401 S. Yellowstone Dr.
    Madison, WI 53719

  • Cuna Credit Union (Fitchburg)
    2939 S. Fish Hatchery Rd.
    Madison, WI 53711

- Click on Archives button below to see addtional articles. -

The speech therapist has set up an email address at
Clearview for Kenn.  She will check his email with him
at least once a week.

Anyone can send him pictures, jokes or just a message
to be read to him.  It is kenn@kenn-info.org

Talk to him about motorcycles and rides,
camping or even hiking.  Make sure you put your
first name and last so that when she reads it she
can tell him.

If you want to explain how you know
him that would be great.  Thanks.

Wednesday, October 12, 2005

Wednesday, October 12 update

Wednesday 10/12
On Saturday, 10/8, I went to spend a few days with
our daughter, Esther and her husband in Green Bay and
just got back late last night. It was so nice to be gone
but it was hard to come back and pick up the reins
to go on with life and all the decisions again.

On Saturday 10/8, I visited Kenn on my way through the
area. He was laying in bed for a rest period. He was
moving his tongue alot and looking at me. I kept telling
him he could talk to me and encouraging him to. Just before
the CNA's came in to get him up he seemed like he was trying
to say something but it was unclear. The CNA's got him up
and then he wanted to doze in his wheelchair. He has still
been having some neurostorming sessions. He also has had his
right arm cast taken off. Now he wears a soft cast alternately
with his white splint, on for 2 hours and off for 2. He is
still using his cone spiints on both hands to keep him from
making a fist with his hands.

On Tuesday 10/11, at the staff meeting, if I heard right, the
therapists haven't seen much of any changes in Kenn. I guess
his heels are getting more flat to the floor, so the casts seem
to be working. They would also like to start him back on the
stand-up table for physical therapy. He isn't doing as well
as he had been with the pivotal transfers.

When Esther and I visited him after the meeting, he was
laying in bed for a rest period. Esther had her portable
CD player and headphones with so she asked the Recreational
Therapist, if we could borrow her CD that had the song
"Yellow Submarine" on it. Years ago Kenn used to prance
around singing this song to his young brother and also
to our 3 kids. Esther put the headphones on him and he
started making something like a moaning noise. He continued
to make this noise as long as the song was playing. He hadn't
been making any noise before we started the song. The
Recreational Therapist came into the room alittle but
not sure if she heard his noise. She told us to try it
on his boombox so we did but there was no response from him.
We also put other songs he used to listen to in the years past
on the portable CD player with headphones. Songs
such as YMCA, Twist, Shout, Wipeout, and others. Most of
these he was making the noise to. Some of the songs we
played for him he didn't respond to. It seems that having
headphones on makes a big difference for Kenn.

We went to his 3p.m. physical therapy session. We took some
pictures of him having therapy. The Physical Therapist
noticed he seemed a little more alert than he has been the
last 2 days. She saw how he would open his eyes and look
at me when I would talk to him. She also said he seemed a
little more relaxed. She wasn't sure if it was because
his daughter and I were there.

Continue to email Kenn because now the Recreational Therapist
will be reading his email to him more often since it's getting
cooler outside and they can't go out so much.

Thnks to everyone of you for praying for us. This fall I'm faced
with having to order wood pellets for our pellet stove to help
with the heating bill, getting new tires on my car, a new roof
is needed on the house because the shingles are getting bad,
I am also considering refinancing the house and the list goes on.
This was all things Kenn used to take care of and of course now
he is unable to. We are also checking into places for Kenn to be
moved to when the time comes. I have learned so much over the
last 8 months that I never thought I would be learning. Yes,
it was 8 months the 11th of this month, which was a
very hard evening for me. I was very emotional, but am doing
good at the moment.

Carol

1 Comments:

  • Carol,
    I want you to know that our prayers are with all of you. It is a blessing to hear that Ken is doing so incredibly well. His responses are wonderful and shows that he remembers and wants to continue to heal. That is so wonderful!
    I know it has been very hard for you, as Esther tells me whenever we talk, but God is holding both your hand and Ken's. He is guiding you both through this and I know He will bring to a glorious end.

    God bless you!
    Sarah (Doty) Wilde

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home