Sunday, October 16 update
I visisted Kenn today. We went for a walk outside
down the bike path next to Clearview. He seemed
to enjoy it. I put his hat and a pair of sunglasses
on him so he could have his eyes open and not have
the bright sun be a problem. I also put a light blanket,
that I had in the car, around his legs because he had
shorts on. Once in awhile he would shut his eyes but they
were open alot. After we got back from the walk, we sat
in the gazebo.
I played some of his old favorite songs on my portable CD
player for him. He made like a humming noise at times.
I played Benny Himm's CD and one of the songs was "God Is
Good All The Time". He made a humming like noise to it.
After he was done listening to the songs, I was talking to him.
He was looking directly at me and moving his mouth. I could
hear he was whispering something to me but I couldn't understand
what he was trying to say. I finally took him back in after
being out for almost 2 hours. It was such a great day to be outside.
Kenn has both casts off his feet. I guess his skin was getting
alittle red in places under the cast. They have set up a date
of Tuesday, Oct. 25, for the trial of the medicine for the pump.
So, I will be meeting Kenn at the U.W. Hospital that day. I'm not
sure how long it will take. That test will determine if the pump
will be beneficial for Kenn. I pray that it will.
On Friday, 10/14, the Physical Therapist, wrote they held off
putting casts back on his feet. His feet seemed to lose some
range, his skin very fragile and red on tops of feet and ankles.
Will focus on stretching ankles in stand table to maintain range.
We'll give skin a rest and look at recasting around the time of
the pump trial test.
____________________
Carol
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home