Monday, October 24 update
I visited Kenn on Sunday afternoon. I caught him
having a rest period again. I think alot of times
I catch him having a rest period when I visit but
that's fine. He was wide awake when I walked in
his room. When I talked to him, he watched me
intentily. I asked him if he liked the color of
the shirt that I was wearing, which was a green
color. He used to tell me I looked good in green.
He seemed to be checking out my shirt, which was
fun to watch him do. His eyes seemed to be moving
all over the shirt. I also told him about the test
he will be having on this Tuesday at the U.W. Hospital.
I'm not sure if he remembers me telling him about it
or what. They got him up after awhile. I then proceeded
to cut his hair while he was in his wheelchair and to
trim his moustache. He had his eyes shut during most of
getting his hair cut. He looks better now. I played
the song called "Days of Elijah" which was a favorite of his.
He opened his eyes wide when it was playing over the
headphones of the CD player.
On Tuesday 10/25, I will meet Kenn at the U.W. Hospital
for his test. I found out today that they plan to keep
him overnight at the hospital to monitor him. I'm not
sure what time he will get out to return to Clearview on
Wednesday. Things could change again, like they sometimes do.
I just try to roll with the changes which is sometimes
very hard to do.
Carol
_________________________________________________________________
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home