Hello,
First I would like to thank Dave and Sharon for
taking the pictures on Labor Day and putting them
on this website. People who haven't been able to
see him really appreciate it. It's amazing how he
sits there looking like nothing has happened to him.
He's looking so great.
Monday night I went to the support group at Clearview
for brain injured people and their families or friends.
The meetings really help. The guest speaker was Amy Schmook,
from Dane County Adult Protective Services. Her subject was
Guardianship and Portective Placement. It was very informative.
There is a book that I have read on brain injury and I
highly recommend it. It's called, "Over My Head," by Claudia Osborn,
who is a doctor. She had a brain injury and she tells the story
from the inside looking out. How a brain injured person feels
and what they go through. I borrowed it from the library.
It has helped me to understand how Kenn might be feeling.
Kenn has had the cast taken off his right arm and is back to
wearing a soft cast every 2 hours. He still wears a soft cast on
his left arm every 2 hours. They had Kenn's left cast off
his foot for about 1 week and now have put a cast back on it.
So... he has 2 blue casts on his feet.
Mondat night, when I visited him after the meeting he was
very alert and moving his head more. He also moved his eyes
to look at things. He seems more aware of his surroundings,
some days more than others. When I would talk to him he
seemed interested in what I was saying. If he shut his eyes,
I would tell him he couldn't go to sleep and he would
open them again and look at me. It was fun to watch.
He's holding his head up real good.
Carol
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home