Sunday, August 28 update
On Friday, 8/26, Kenn had a test called an EEG done
to measure any seizure activity in his brain.
I went with him and was able to watch it being done.
They left him in his wheelchair. He was reclined
in the chair. They put something similiar to a cap
on his head with holes where they put the electrodes in.
They hooked him up to the computer. The whole test
took about 1 hour. He was told to keep his eyes shut.
He did good keeping them shut. He even fell asleep
during the last part.
Shortly after he got back to the Rehab Center, he
had physical therapy. They checked both of his feet
over for any sores. They decided it was fine to put
a cast on both feet. I got to pick out the colors of
his casts. Yellow was not an option so I settled for
a green one on the right foot and a purple one on the
left foot. I watched them put them on. It was fasinating
to watch. The physical therapists said Kenn yelled
at them during one of the stretching sessions during
the week. They could not understand what he was saying
but it definitely was a yell. They said they have never
heard anything like it before from him. I was glad to
hear this news.
While I was sitting in one of the family visiting rooms
with Kenn on Friday night, I put my headphones on his
ears to hear the CD by Kathie Lee Gifford. His eyes
were shut. While she was singing the first song, he
opened his eyes wide and turned left to look at me.
God has given me the revelation since then, that Kenn
could identify with the words that were being sung.
...So that's why he gave me the look he did. He seems
to be comprehending more than he can let us know. So I
feel we need to be sure we say only positive things around
him and not negative.
On Sunday afternoon, 8/28, when I visited him, he was in bed
for a rest period. He was awake and making a few noises but
he didn't try to talk to me. After they got him up in his
wheelchair, I proceeded to cut his hair. He had his eyes
shut during some of his hair cut. He also gave me a few
frowns too. After his hair cut I took him outside.
It was beautiful day. He seemed to really enjoy it. We
sat outside and he seemed to doze off and on. He was really
tired today like alot of the others there seemed to be.
He was going to get his shower shortly after I left.
Carol
_____________________________
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home