Mon 6/27
On Sunday, before Kenn had pain medication,
he was watching all his visitors. My niece
had her baby boy there to visit Kenn. He
really checked him out. We think he may have
been trying to communicate by moving his left
hand back and forth over his chest as someone was
talking to him. After Kenn was given pain medication
he was very groggy. He just wanted to sleep so
he didn't respond much. When someone made a
noise with a water bottle he would open his eyes.
Also if his bed was bumped he would open his eyes.
The speech therapist has given him a sucker once
in a while and he seems to really like them. On Friday
night I spoke with him on Esther's cell phone. I was telling
him how some of us have to work now, and he gets to just
lay there. He raised his eyebrow at this. Esther would tell
me he was shutting his eyes I would say, wake up,
wake up, you can't sleep now. Esther said he would
open his eyes and start looking around. Everytime he would
shut them I would say this and he would respond the same.
It's great to see him responding.
Carol
__________________________________________________________________
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home