May 25 Update
To me it was a waste of time. Even the nurse that rode with him
in the van from Clearview, agreed it was a waste of time.
On 5-19 the speech therapist at Clearview let me know that
Kenn seemed more alert and made many seemingly facial
gestures (of discomfort) during oral stimulation in his mouth.
He made alot of tongue movements and 2 episodes of voicing.
It is still hard to tell what is volitonal, if anything, but
more movement is positive. He's up to 178 lbs. now.
The bed sore has healed. Praise God!
he physical therapist said that on 5-20, Kenn has been helping
stand in pivitol transfers! There's a component of toning
(mass patterning) but he appears to kick it in more consistently
with the activity of sit and stand. I actually got to watch
him do a pivitol transfer on 5-24. It was great to see. On
Sun 5-22, Dave, a friend of ours, rode his Ace Shadow to
Clearview. I took Kenn out to see it. Kenn was looking to his
right at me when Dave, drove up with his cycle.
Kenn turned his head to his left to look at it.
This was the cycle Kenn had really wanted because it sounded
like a Harley. You could tell Kenn was fighting back
tears. I moved him closer to the cycle. I put his hand on
the right handle bar. Dave put his hand on top of Kenn's
and helped Kenn rev up the engine. Kenn's eyes got big.
Kenn kept his hand on the handle bar.
I had to take it off to take him back inside.
When Kenn's back was to the cycle, Dave revved up the engine.
Kenn turned his head to the left to see the cycle.
I turned Kenn around and Dave honked his horn and Kenn's
eyes got big. It was great to see his reaction.
You could tell he has a memory about cycles.
Praise be to God! Carol
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home