On Sunday we got to take Kenn outside in his wheelchair.
First time he has really been outside any length of time since
the accident.
He seemed to really enjoy being outside in the warm weather.
Sunday night when I was leaning over him to talk to him
in his wheelchair I was holding his left hand with my left hand.
My hand was against his chest and every so often he would press
my hand against his chest as though to communicate with me.
It was hard for me to leave him on Sunday night. They
will be taking Kenn on some outings that they plan for the
patients there.
They take the people in a van that holds wheeelchairs.
Next month they will bring him to his doctor's appt. here in Madison
and then I can meet him at the doctor's. That is nice.
On Monday night, Jeremy and I went to a support group meeting
at Clearview for brain injury people and their family or friends.
It was very helpful to be able to talk to some family members of
people who had their accident 4 or 5 years ago. Even Jeremy said he
was glad he went because it helped him too.
It is the 3rd Monday night of each month if anyone else is
interested in going. It starts at 6p.m. The next 2
months they will be having a guest speaker.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home